Northampton Demons host St Albans Centurions this weekend at Bugbrooke RFC for their National South Conference Rugby League Clash, kick off 2:30pm. The Cents were the first side the Demons faced this season giving them a 32 – 0 drubbing as a welcome to the league present whilst we also came 90 minutes from losing Captain James [...]
Vacancy – Adult Coach
Northampton Demons are one of the UK’s most successful and forward thinking Rugby League Community Clubs. With 2009 and 2010 National RLC Adult titles alongside their 2012 Midlands Premier title the Demons are now looking to recruit a senior coach to join the 1st grade coaching team.
With pre-season starting in February and the league competition spanning from April until October the Demons are looking for an experienced Rugby League coach that will complement the existing staff whilst bringing a fresh approach and ideas. Now based at a brand new sporting complex in Duston, Northampton you will be expected to be able to complete the following duties on a voluntary basis,
• Plan, prepare and implement squad coaching plans and individual session plans in accordance with accepted standards and guidelines.
• Liaise with coaches in the preparation and running of each session.
• Ensure that all activities, venues and equipment are safe and suitable for the intended purpose.
• Ensure that all players are fit and able to participate in training sessions and competitions.
• Monitor players for injuries and report/remove them when necessary to maintain player safety.
• Work with coaches in regards to match-day selection process.
• Instill appropriate behaviour within their players.
• Manage player expectations.
• Demonstrate commitment to continued professional development.
• Prepare review reports when required.
• Give interviews to the media.
• Follow the Code of Conduct and Constitution at all times and ensure that others do the same.
This is an ideal opportunity for any applicant looking to develop a squad whilst growing their own individual skill set. Applications are to be made to Patrick Wilson (Club Coach Co-Ordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org / 07841433209